Wednesday 2 January 2013

Jealous? Who me?

So my fifteen year old daughter has just returned from 3 weeks in Thailand. Looking through her photos of the day she spent riding and bathing elephants, I'm not sure if it's pride or jealousy that wells up inside me.

She's amazing, truly individual, talented and conscientious. I wish I had the depth of character when I was her age. The photos show her in the traditional Thai trainer 'pyjamas', her hair is quite short and shaved and dyed blue on one side. She has a stretched piercing in that ear, small and attractive. She looks quite a bit older than her 15 years and most people who meet her think she is.

She's already doing the things that I didn't have the guts for back then. I do see a lot of myself in her but she is definitely much stronger and determined than me.

We had piercings together today. She had her Septum pierced, and I had my Helix redone after having to take it out when she was born. Hopefully one day we will travel together too. In the meantime I will do my utmost to squash the tiny pangs of jealousy with overwhelming pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment