Thursday 6 February 2014

Recovery

Mum has come through her hip op well. Apparently people with dementia don't seem to suffer as much pain, so her meds are being kept low to avoid her getting more confused. She is confused though, not about the op but just generally. She told my sister that the hospital had given her yesterday's baked potato with runner beans on top, for breakfast. She wasn't even there for breakfast! She also believes that the oxygen mask up her nose is to stop bugs from going up there! And it was made from the bridge of her glasses!

I never know quite how to react to these statements. Am I supposed to tell her it's rubbish or go along with it? She's convinced that it's true and I don't want to create an arguement but I worry she'll say something one day that causes trouble.

They are keeping a vey close eye on her and appear to be experienced with after care of dementia patients. I'm going to visit after work tonight and see how she's doing. I wonder what she'll tell me?!

No comments:

Post a Comment